About MODO Eyewear
MODO is a global company that designs, produces, and sells high-end eyewear. We have offices in New York, Milan, and Stockholm. At the Stockholm office, located in Östermalm, we complete all of our product and marketing design, and now we’re searching for an additional person to join our team!
We are looking for a product designer for Eco Eyewear (www.modo.com/brands/eco)
With ECO, we bring sustainability and social responsibility full circle – from the materials we use in our frames to the trees we plant. ECO biobased frames are unique because they are made with 63% castor seeds – making them sustainable while lightweight and comfortable.
The Product Designer leads our research of current trends and converts concepts into eyewear designs. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage a product’s life cycle - from market research and initial concepts all the way to first deliveries. The outstanding candidate will possess a strong knowledge and feel for current fashion trends.
What we’re looking for
Our office is high-energy and our colleagues come from all over the world! We are looking for someone with an energetic, flexible, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude who will make a great addition to our team. We would like to meet someone who is comfortable taking initiative and working with teams, but also a responsible self-starter. Because our business language is English, it’s essential that you are fluent and are comfortable speaking and writing.
- Research, design and develop each new collection.
- Direct all aspects of production, including development schedules, production, and packaging.
- Create and maintain product specifications.
- Travel to factories and trade fairs as needed.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Business Development teams to win client opportunities and exceed standards.
- 2-5 years experience in product design (optical preferable, accessory/jewelry design helpful)
- Experience with production process
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe Suite applications (CAD a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
The role is full time with a 6-month introductory period.
Please submit your Portfolio, CV and Cover Letter in English. All interviews will be conducted in English, and English is the office and business language.
In this recruitment we cooperate with Modeverket. For more information please contact recruiter Malin Bunge Lindroos, email@example.com